1. Acceptance of Terms of Agreement. By using loading or visiting this website on your computer or mobile device, you agree to the terms of the Agreement as well as any addendum or supplement that amends the Agreement. We reserve the right to make changes to this Agreement from time-to-time and as we see fit. We may notify you of any such changes, but we are not obligated to notify you of such changes. We may modify or discontinue publishing all or part of this website, refuse to provide any user with access to this website, charge, modify, or wave fees required to access this website, or offer opportunities to some or all website visitors.
2. Intended for United States Audience Only. This website is not intended for visitors outside of the United States and is not intended to be subject to the laws or jurisdiction of any state or municipality outside of the United States. Specifically, this website is intended for visitors in California and Minnesota. If you visit this website, you do so at your own risk and you are personally responsible for complying with all local laws, rules, or regulations, or all o them. We reserve the right to limit this website’s availability, in whole or in part, to any person, geographic area, or jurisdiction we choose, at any time and in our sole discretion.
3. Description of Website. This website provides users with access to general information about us and the services we provide, including but not limited to, newsletters, updates, articles, attorney profiles, or links to third-party websites. Although this website describes our legal services, nothing on this website is legal advice. This website is also not intended to solicit the formation of an attorney-client relationship. In fact, no attorney-client relationship is created through the mere use of this website, including the sending of an e-mail to our attorneys. The only way an attorney-client relationship is formed is if you entered into a duly executed representation and retainer agreement with us. Similarly, any e-mail or correspondence you send us, without duly executing a written representation and retainer agreement, will be treated as confidential. You should not act or refrain from acting as a result of any information on this website without seeking the advise of an attorney in your local community. We disclaim all liability arising from actions taken or not taken as a result of any information on this website.
5. Rules of Conduct. You agree to comply with all applicable laws, rules, and regulations when using this website. Your use of this website is conditioned upon your compliance of the rules set forth in this paragraph; failure to comply with the terms of this Agreement, and specifically, this paragraph, may result in termination of your access to this website. For example, you agree that you will not (a) use this website for any fraudulent or unlawful purpose; (b) defame, abuse, harass, stalk, threaten or otherwise violate the legal rights of others, including without limitation others’ privacy rights or rights of publicity, or harvest or collect personally identifiable information about other uses of this website; (c) impersonate any person or entity, falsely state or otherwise misrepresent your affiliation with any person or entity in connection with this website; (d) express or imply that we endorse or agree with any statement you make; (e) interfere with or disrupt the operations of this website or the servers or networks used by this website, including but not limited to us, Wix.com, Inc. or Network Solutions, LLC; (f) violate any requirements, procedures, policies or regulations of us, Wix.com, Inc. or Network Solutions, LLC; (g) transmit or otherwise make available in connection with this website any computer virus, computer worm, computer Trojan horse, computer Easter egg, computer time bomb, computer spyware, or other computer code, file, or program that is harmful or invasive or may or is intended to damage or hijack the operation of, or to monitor the use of, any hardware, software, or equipment; (h) restrict or inhibit any other person from using this website, including without limitation by hacking or defacing any portion of this website; (i) reproduce, duplicate, copy, sell, resell, or otherwise exploit for any commercial purposes, any portion of, use of, or access to this website; (j) modify, adapt, translate, reverse engineer, decompile, or disassemble any portion of this website; (k) frame or mirror any part of this website without our express prior written consent; (l) create a database by systematically downloading and storing this website’s information; (m) use any robot software, spider software, search or retrieval software or other manual or automatic device to retrieve or index or gather this website’s content in any without our express prior written consent; (n) however, we grant the operators of public online search engines limited permission to use search retrieval applications to reproduce materials from this website for the purpose of creating publicly available searchable indices of such materials in connection with each operator’s public online search service; we reserve the right to revoke these exceptions either generally or in specific instances.
6. Accuracy. We attempt to ensure that the information on this website is complete, accurate, and current. However, the information on this website may be inaccurate despite our best efforts. We make no representation or warranty as to the completeness, accuracy, or currentness of any information on this website. We disclaim all liability from any incomplete, inaccurate, or out-dated information on this website, and you agree to bear the consequences of such disclaimer.
7. Intellectual Property. The copy and images on this website are owned by us unless otherwise licensed from a third-party. All such copy and images are protected by the copyright laws of the United States as well as federal and state trademark laws in the United States, California, and Minnesota. You agree not to reproduce, modify, rent, lease, loan, sell, distribute, or create derivative works based on all or any part of this website or any information, copy or image on this website, including but not limited to the photography, logos, or copy on this website. Nothing on this website is a grant of license or right to use any trademark or service mark without out our express prior written consent. The unauthorized use of this website, including the reproduction, modification, rental, leasing, loaning, selling, distribution, or creation of a derivative work may be subject tot civil and criminal liability, including but not limited to monetary damages and copyright infringement.
8. Third-Party Links. This website includes links to other websites or online resources. We are not responsible for and do not endorse any such website. Similarly, third-party websites may also link to our website without our permission, and we reserve the right to block any links to or from such third-party websites.
9. Limited Liability. This website, and all of its content, including copy and images, is provided to you “as-is” without any express representations or warranties. We make no representations or warranties of satisfactory quality, merchantability, or fitness for a particular purpose. We make no representation or warranty that this website or any part of this website is accurate, complete, or correct. We make no representation or warranty this this website will be compatible with your computer or mobile device. You agree that it is your responsibility to pay for any software, hardware, or service you need to connect to this website. You agree that will evaluate and bear all risks associated with the use of this website, including any reliance on the accuracy, completeness, correctness, or usefulness of any information or materials made available on this website. Specifically, you agree that we will not be liable for any direct, incidental, consequential, special, exemplary, or punitive damages of any kind as a result of using this website, nor for any damages for loss of profits, loss of use, loss of data, loss of other intangibles, loss of security of information you furnished us in connection with your use of this website. You agree that we will not be liable for any unauthorized interception of any such information described in this paragraph by a third-party, even if advised in advance of such damages or losses. You agree that we will not be liable for damages of any kind resulting from your use of this website or from any information or materials on this website. You agree that your sole and exclusive remedy for dissatisfaction with this website is to stop using this website. Our maximum liability for all damages, losses, and causes of action, whether in contract, tort—including without limitation, negligence—or otherwise shall be the total amount, if any, paid by you to us for the limited purpose of using this website. Since the use of this website is provided to you at no cost, you agree that our maximum liability for all damages, losses, and causes of action, under any statutory or common law cause of action, is zero (i.e., $0.00).
10. Security. Although we try to maintain the security of this website, we do not represent, warrant, or guarantee that this website is secure or that the use or availability of this website will be uninterrupted.
11. Indemnity. You agree to defend, indemnify, and hold us harmless from and against all claims, losses, costs, and expenses, including attorneys’ fees, arising out of your use of this website or any violation of this Agreement by you.
12. Governing Law; Dispute Resolution. You agree that this Agreement, and any claim arising as a result of this Agreement or the use of this website, is governed by and will be construed in accordance with the laws of the State of California, irrespective of any conflicts of law. You agree to consent to the exclusive jurisdiction and venue of the Norwalk Courthouse of the Los Angeles Superior Courts.
13. Information or Complaints. If you have a question or complaint regarding this website, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org or send us written correspondence to:
Law Office of Shafiel A. Karim, P.C.
2698 Junipero Avenue, Suite 201A
Signal Hill, California 90755
Fax (562) 285-9990
14. Authority to Enter Agreements. You affirm that you are of legal age to enter into this Agreement. If you are not, you affirm that you have obtained parental or guardian consent to enter into this Agreement.